Friday, January 6, 2012

Starting 2012 with a Bang


When I started this blog my goal was to be an illustrator for a property like Warhammer, M:TG, or L5R and slowly move my way out of games.  There was a good 3 months last year where I had my nose to the grindstone, buying up art videos left and right and doing weekly Conceptart challenges.  It was thrilling, frustrating, rewarding, and humbling all at the same time.

But games just kept creeping back into my system.  I'm still working on the game Prison Architect with the fine folks over at Introversion, and I felt like the network I had built in the indie game world was just too substantial to put to waste.

So I finally decided to make a game.

After years of encouraging developers to make their own games (as IGDA Manila head) I'm finally taking the leap myself.  I pitched the idea a good friend of mine (who I feel jumped at the opportunity to work on something/anything aside from his startup company) and he surprised me with a build of the basic game on my birthday.  We plan on rolling something out by the end of month and then just seeing what happens next.

Not sure how much I want to reveal about the game right now, but take a gander at the first few graphics above and start drawing you own conclusions!

1 comment: