Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Urban Sketching : La Luz Resort Batangas


 My family and I spent 3 days in La Luz Resort in Batangas last week enjoying a vacation with my sister, who hasn't been in the country for 7 years.  It was fun to hang out with my nephew and niece, although quite exhausting as well.  I had to get up early in the morning to get away from them and find some time to sketch my surroundings.  the sketch above is my favorite, one of many bancas, or fishing boats, that were sitting on the beach.  I was experimenting with my Koi watercolor set, which comes with 24 colors and a waterbrush. I'm still very much a novice with watercolors, though with the right brushes I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.



I sketched the fishermen going out fishing in the early morning, around 6:00



One of the cabanas that front the beach


Rock formations on the beach


I'm really digging the Koi Watercolor Pocket set.  It may not be very "professional" looking, but it's great for on-the-go sketches. If you do decide to get one, I'd appreciate it you do via this link so I get a small commission from Amazon. KOI WATERCOLOR POCKET SET/24 Drafting, Engineering, Art (General Catalog)

1 comment:

  1. My bro is an architect and expert in it.. He use Autocad for that. Autocad is for general purpose.. There is version called Autocad Architecture for Architectural drawings.. . There are many softwares like Archicad, Home plan, etc which are specifically designed for that purpose. . Even Google released a new software called SkethUp.. cad design software

    ReplyDelete