Monday, September 5, 2011

Islandback WIP3


I'm probably not gonna make a habit of posting this often (though I should really start thinking of what kind of a regular schedule works for me) but since There's been quite a bit of progress on this piece I wanted to post it.  Bunch of concerns here.  I'm not sure I'll have enough time to really put to kind of polish I think it deserves before the Wednesday deadline.  I'm not sure if the colors are working, and it's proving more difficult to work up from a monochrome image (as opposed to grayscale) than I originally thought.  I'm not sure what to do with the clouds, or if I should even have them there.  What I do like is the water.  I'm quite happy about how I got the movement of the waves, and I love the details on the turtle's face.  Now we have to see what bits and pieces to work on and what to just ignore.

1 comment:

  1. This is turning out really great. I think the colors are really setting a nice mood to this piece. Maybe you can make the clouds in arcs surrounding the moon? Just my two cents. :)

    ReplyDelete