Saturday, September 3, 2011

Islandback WIP


A quick out of sync update here just so there isn't too much lag in between posts.  The latest creature of the week challenge was to create a creature large enough to fit some sort of environment on its back.  This actually when through numerous revisions before even getting to this state.  I think it marks my increased maturity as an artist that I just kept plugging away and cutting of bad ideas until I came to something I liked.  I'd originally intended to create a mini rice terrace on the turtle's back but for some reason I just couldn't make it work properly, but I still left in a lot of Filipino elements like the statue on top of the hill and the nipa huts.  Deadline for this is September 7, so I have plenty of time to finish it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment